Save the Date
Here you will find the application deadlines and links to upcoming awards, conferences and other interesting events of PTP Partners. For more events please check the Metropolis calendar.
EUROCITIES Awards Creative Competitive Cities
The EUROCITIES Awards recognise outstanding achievement by EUROCITIES members in the delivery of local activities or practices, which improve the quality of life for citizens. In 2018 an interdisciplinary jury will award a prize to entries in three categories: cooperation, innovation and participation.
Submission deadline: May 31, 2018
Shortlisted cities will be notified by 16 July and asked to make a short video about their project.
Guangzhou International Award for Urban Innovation
The Guangzhou International Award is a platform for the sharing and exchange of successful innovative practices. Invited to participate are all cities or regions worldwide, that are putting in place any initiatives under the themes highlighted by the Sustainable Development Goals (especially SDG 11) and the New Urban Agenda. The Guangzhou Award is co-sponsored by United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG), World Association of the Major Metropolises (Metropolis), and City of Guangzhou.
Submission deadline: August 31, 2018
CEMR 2018 Conference on equality, diversity and inclusion
CEMR 2018 Conference will discuss how to make equality, diversity and inclusion flourish at the local level and explore how Europe’s towns and regions can move towards more diverse, equal and inclusive societies. Local and regional representatives and administrators, experts, civil society organisations and academics as well as representatives of international organisations and networks are invited.
June 11 - 13, 2018, Bilbao/Spain
High Level Political Forum
The High Level Political Forum is the key annual event for monitoring progress on the UN’s 2030 Agenda. The theme will be "Transformation towards sustainable and resilient societies". Six SGDs will be reviewed in depth:
- Goal 6. Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
- Goal 7. Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
- Goal 11. Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- Goal 12. Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Goal 15. Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
- Goal 17. Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development
July 9 - 18, 2018, New York City/USA